Dos and Don’ts Before Your Cryo T-Shock Treatment
Dos and Don'ts Before Your Cryo T Shock Treatment
Cryopliplyis is a non-surgical procedure that uses cold temperatures to reduce fat depositions by killing fat cells. There are certain dos and don’ts that can help achieve a better outcome from treatment.
Schedule An Appointment Today!
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Dos of Cyro T-Shock Therapy
- You must increase your metabolism! Although the Cryo T-Shock increases your metabolism naturally by alternating heat and cold therapies applied to the skin, it is not enough to raise your metabolism to get the most desired affect to do this you must exercise. Exercise after each treatment within 4-6 hours vigorously for 20-30 minutes.
- If you want to speed up your fat reduction process, you should start by facilitating lymphatic drainage. First, you must understand that the process of cryolipolysis depends on killing fat cells. A natural way to flush dead cells from our body is through the lymphatic system. However, when there is mass cell death, the drainage takes time, which may slow the process of fat reduction.
- Patients have also reported quicker achievement of results by actively using red light therapy or dry heat saunas. These practices increase metabolic rate and help lose excess water weight.
- Dry brushing is a useful practice to incorporate into your routine during treatment. This helps eliminate toxins and dead cells from the sessions by increasing blood flow to the area.
- The sessions usually last at least an hour which is why we recommend that you bring a bottle of water and a book or iPad to keep you entertained.
- Drinking plenty of water before and after the treatment will help your lymphatic system wash out dead fat cells.
- During the procedure, we use a cool gel which is applied to the areas being treated. It may sometimes soil your clothes, it would be good to wear loose, comfortable clothing or bring a spare set of clothes.
- Most importantly, we encourage you to ask questions about your procedure to clear any doubts you may have. We want you to have peace of mind when you come in for your session with us. Which is why we try our level best to help you stay calm and relaxed during the process and focus your thoughts and energy toward the body you want.
In addition to these steps, incorporating a healthy and balanced low-fat diet into your routine is very important. This will provide you with all the essential nutrients without weight gain. This is of special importance if your BMI is lower than 24.9. Also, you should keep in mind that if more calories are consumed than burnt, you might even end up putting on weight. It is important to know that our staff takes before and after pictures to see your progress, the results can keep you motivated and make a part of your care plan.
Dont's of Cyro T-Shock Therapy
There are certain practices that may slow down the treatment process and it is best to avoid them.
- Avoid working out 3 hours before your scheduled treatment.
- Avoid taking high-carb meals or sweets for at least 3 hours before the treatment.
- It is best to avoid tanning before the treatment as it can further damage the skin, which again will cause us to delay the appointment. As mentioned, this is because we require your skin to be in favorable conditions for the treatment.
- It is also required that you stop taking blood-thinning medication at least a week before your appointments, as these medications can increase the chances of bruising. These include medications like Aspirin, warfarin, ibuprofen, and even herbal ones like St. Johns Wart, etc.
- Activities that can cause scrapes, sores and bruising should also be avoided.
- If you are a smoker, you must try and abort the habit because it slows the healing process. A good healing process is vital to quick and safe recovery. Some substances in tobacco smoke are vasoconstrictors. This will constrict your vessels, causing the delivery of oxygen and nutrients to become deficient to the treated area.
- Anyone with these conditions should not have Cryo T-Shock Treatments
- Severe Kidney Disease (dialysis, kidney disease, or anyone with one kidney) – applies to fat and cellulite treatments
- Anyone with active Cancer, undergoing chemotherapy within the last 12 months – applies to fat and cellulite treatments.
- Severe diabetes. Loss of sensation (tingling) in the extremities or the skin.
- Polyneuropathy (only applies to the legs)
- Open or untreated abdominal hernia (no fat reductions over an open hernia)
- To not treat over varicose veins
- No Botox for 2 weeks
- No Fillers for 4 weeks